Friday, May 20, 2005

rolled up in a gym mat

have you ever been rolled up in a gym mat?
its happened to me many times
I went to treatment at the tender age of 13
cause I had a "drug" problem
when you throw "fits"
they restrain you by throwing you in a padded room with a big phonebook
tearing the pages out is supposed to make you feel better
well, it didnt
so i would throw a bigger fit
ha, cause i was 13
so in order for you not to hurt yourself
they would hold you to the blue, smelly, worn out
gym mat
then roll you up
then, even though i only weighed 93 lbs.
a really larger man would sit on top of that mat
seriously
what is the reason for this
i fought to breathe
my first bought with anxiety
i thought i was having a heart attack
still get them to this day
15 years later
so you could trick the system
in treatment
by pretending to do all your "steps"
oh yes i mean the 12 steps
and by kissing ass
alot alot of ass
and by pretending that you are genuinely happy
i did
but when they werent looking
at night
i would slip out of my room
sneak to the laundry room
and make out with billy
hmm.. i wonder what ever happened to billy
and if he still has bad breathe
and if i do ever find you billy
yes, i do still have my hot pink daisy duke silk shorts

3 Comments:

Blogger lightfeather said...

After I graduated from college, my goal was to work with JD's. I don't think I lasted two years. Not because of the kids, the system. I couldn't change it, not with all the orange I had in me. Glad we both got out :-)

8:13 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

For some reason when I grew up I wanted to be a counselor at a treatment facility.i thought maybe I could change the way they treated the kids..rolling up in a gym mat is not the way to let the child express what they are feeling. hmm..maybe I will someday, fugure out a way to make better of the world...baby steps..baby steps

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one time when i was a kid, my judo teacher pinned one of his students to the gym mat and hit him in the neck for being disruptive. i thought that was way way more disruptive than anything the student did.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home