Thursday, May 19, 2005

I am obssessed with the eighties
music
movies
well, thats about it
I was too young to remember the political stuff
so, I drive this van
from the eighties of course
with only a tape deck
cause im too cheep to put in a cd player
and to be honest I didnt think the van would last more than two months
not a year and a half
so, i have to have something to listen to
so i go to the salvation army
to buy tapes
and wow
this last time i got some dooseys
nkotb
paula abdul
debbie gibson
roxette
reality bites soundtrack
ok so i got like 25 of them
so im cruising to my friends today
to make sure she shut her oven off
I know...
and I pop in lisa loeb
how is it
that after 15 years
i can still remember every oh and ah
so there i am
singing my heart out to....stay...
and I find "the tape"
you know those recording booths
at fairs
where you can sing the words and they record your voice with the music
I did it
many many times
I lived up the street from valleyfair
many season passes
so the tape I found
was paula abdul
forever your girl, you know the one
"hey baby, you got to remember, im forever your girl"
"forever and ever....im forever your girl"
I WAS HORRIBLE
why didnt anyone ever tell me
I sing all the time now
every chance I get
its like having spinach in your teeth
(which i would never eat)
but you know
how can someone not tell you
that its there
or that you suck!
ok, ok maybe here and there ive noticing people whincing when i open my mouth to sing
but damn
friends are supposed to tell you these things
damn, im rambling alot
about a tape

probably because i have nothing better to talk anout right now
besides our latest barbie fashion show
and the fact that once again
the carpenters came too early and i was naked when they came in
why cant they knock
who frickin wears clothes in the middle of the day anyway?
i certainly dont
oh well...I think im going to go paint something

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

Welcome to my world!! I graduated from high school in 1984 and college in '88...I love the 80's. All of my memories of growing up involve the 80's. Luckily, the thing I love is the thing I'm best at...I sing for a living and have my entire adult life.

10:38 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

kelly, i do do the things i suck at...i cannot paint for the life of me, but i try and try

jaded, I would love to hear you sing!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

Once my allergies stop kicking my ass, I'm going to be in the recording studio. Just recording some things that I like, for the heck of it. When I get it done, I'll let you know and then email you a couple of the tracks. I record every 5 years or so, just to have it. I only sell it locally in order to avoid huge royalties for using other people's songs. But, I've gotta clear up the ungodly post nasal drip so I can get rid of the cough, which makes my voice sound a little raspy. Pollen is evil, I'm convinced.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I really enjoy your style. Cool stuff.
And thanks for stopping by my place.
Cheers!

5:44 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

I just caught myself doing it again!1 on the way home from the park I was singin "born to be my baby" it was so bad that my daughter told me to stop singing..

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home