Saturday, May 14, 2005

dead people i dont know

so crazy as i seem
they come to me
people i know who have passed
my soul mate friend mike
visits me in my dreams
telling me to find someone
the night he died
i hadnt seen him in 8 years
things just happen
and people fall away
but i had been thinkin about him alot
so i called a family member that lived close to him
hey, look him up for me will you
i had a crazy dream about him last night
i actually had dreamt that he died
but she already thinks im crazy so i didnt tell her that
3 hours later i get a phone call
he died last night
of a drug overdose
i knew it
i saw him in my room
its been 8 years since then
and i still feel him here

im very in tune
with the other side
at first it scared me
but not now
now i feel special
and safe

i was riding with my boyfriend
home from a bad weekend
rain pouring down
the road jet black
a shortcut we had never taken
i start to panic
anxiety override
i see a man
standing in the middle of the road
2 in the morning
wearing a full carhardt getup
i try to talk to tell him to stop
i couldnt get out a breathe
i froze
we drove right thru him
he looked about 89
and overworked
but ok
and safe
my boyfriend notices im not breathing
so i tell him
and he stops
and turns white
the spot in the road
where we drove thru the man
was directly between
a church
and a cemetery

another encounter
wih a lost soul
in a new apartment
i feel the vibe
of someone lost
all the time
my daughter is nine months
learning to walk
she holds her hand up high
like someone is holdin it
and babbles
like shes talking to someone
i notice
she notices
the things i do
when i feel a presence
i tell my mother in law
about the visitor i think i hve
not knowing if shell think im nuts
she understands
as always she does
i love her so much
but thats not the point
she tells me her husband
who was the coroner for 30 years
in my town
took the body
of an elderly woman
out of my apartment
many years ago
so i did a spell
(trin out wiccan)
to cast her away
to the place she needs to be
and not stuck with us
she leaves shortly after the spell
but not before
she teaches my daughter how to walk
i thank her
for having the patience i didnt
and for keeping us safe
from the evil spirit that lived upstairs
in my daughters room
there lurked a black soul
we never slept in there
it was a toy room
but i knew it was there
i could feel it everyday
and she kept us safe
and i thank her everyday

i have many more
stories to tell
ill write them all down
and share with you soon
but for now
i will snuggle
with my sunshine
named maddie
my little soulseer
just like her mommy

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

For the longest time after my grandmother passed, I'd smell her. It was a strange scent, mixed with her cedar closet, faint cigarettes and Lily of the Valley perfume... a combination that could only be her. My family thought I was nuts, that it must just be something in the condo. Then we moved. Still smelled her. Moved again, she came with us. She stopped coming around only after my grandfather passed. He passed in February, but my dad couldn't have their ashes scattered until May, so she was around for my daughter to be born in April. Once their ashes were scattered together at sea- so they could travel the world together- she stopped coming around.

So, I totally believe in your gift. It's comforting to know that there is something after this life.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home