Saturday, May 14, 2005

dead people i know

im drinking away
cause that what i do
when i think about those
that i once knew
(crap that wasnt supposed to rhyme)

so illl tell you some stories about the loved ones i miss
and also
about the ones i see
when im not really looking

beleive if you want
my friens will tell you they are true
they will tell you
the look on my face
when i see someone i knew

i guess it started when i was young
seeing someone die
right before your eyes
its very spiritual
for lack of a better word
ive always had the feelings
the chills
the hair standing up
but not until i lost so many friends
to tragic accidents
that i started to see them standing in front of me

i have frequent migranes
and one long summer night at a party
i took too many darvocet
boyfriend took me home
to put me to bed
sweet boy he was then
he opened my door
from my bedroom to outside
(never left it open before that night)
he went home to get his things
to come back and take care of his baby
and when he was gone
i fell asleep
i felt someone watching
so i opened my eyes
to see a dark featured man
standing at the end of my bed
i wasnt scared
so much as i was spooked
i said to him"what are you doing here"
he looked into my eyes
turned around
and kinda floated out the door
i think it might have been the drugs
the reason i didnt see feet
but, he drifted away
no sound
nothing
i shut and locked the door
and then i screamed
my poor roomate
(poor because he lived with a crazy bypolar)
called the cops
no sign of a person there
hmm
so we went to bed
the next day
a friend who reads taro cards
came to give us some readings
in my bedroom...
he knew nothing of the night before
and tells me
that a dark featured man
stays in my house
to protect his little toni
from bad people

i heard the next day
that someone was hurt
in my neiborhood
the night of my friend
i got up and shut the door
because thats where he was
he wanted me to do that
i firmly believe
so i would be safe
from the bad man that lurked

i think its my george
a close friend that was killed
just a mere month b4
he was native american
dark features
strong build
he saved me from bad men
at the bar
many times
i think he's still watching
and protecting
if you are george
you are not forgotten
i still feel you
when you visit me

it was 5 years ago this week
that we lost you
and when i drive by the ditch where you took your last breathe
i still get a tear
and take a deep breathe
and feel your warmth
i miss you

one thing i forgot to mention
the night of the tarot
two friends
at the same time
saw a dark figured man
in the mirror of my bathroom
neither said anything that night
it was months later
that at seperate times
they both told me the same story
unbenounce to each other
they both saw george watching out for me
in my mirror
and in my face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home