Saturday, September 24, 2005

my view

5 a.m. alarm rings
have a smoke
take a shower
bring baby to dads

to the hotel
put on my apron
check mirror for hair and make-up
(looks very well for only three hours sleep)
walk upstairs

thru the swinging doors
into the kitchen
the bakery smells of blueberry
with a hint of apple cinnamon

turn on the lights
start the coffee pot
chug a pepsi

give a fake smile to coworkers as thy arrive late
as usual

prepare toaster
syrup
fruit

walk to the far end of the room
look out the window
the heat is creating a thick fog that hovers atop the mighty mississippi
the sun is coming up
sending fire thru the sky
the dew glistens on the tree tops
the sun hitting them like diamonds
tummy does flip-flops

lost in a dreamland
thru the fog is another world
a fantasyland
fairies and princes
that exist only to a child
are real behind the fog

the kiss
the prince
the fairies
dancing in my dreamworld

"ma'am my eggs are runny and my coffee is cold"

CRASH! back to the real world

hashbrowns cripsy
eggs overeasy
decaf with cream

my fairyworld will stay in the fog

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
everyday

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
i dream

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
of a new life

quick shout out to maybemeansno
will you fuckin write something new
and join my world of habitual sadness..

9 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

glad you are back... the repetitiveness of the every day can get us all down.

10:04 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

it really does. im feelin it hard this week.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading that - it was like I was there. I hate getting up in the mornings and I always end up thinking about the monotony of work. It feels like a prison (like in your photo), were a world of freedom and adventure is just out of reach.

Great post.

3:15 AM  
Blogger diadima said...

being a waitress/bartender myself i feel your pain sista.

my favourite is "can i have one egg sunny side up and one egg over easy, but not runny, but not over medium, so like...somewhere between easy and medium so that i can still dip my toast but so that the whites are mostly cooked??"

you get scrambled eggs, bitch.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

listen lilred, we *all* go through it. none of us were born trust-fund heiresses... so we've got to work for a living. the key is to have other things going on in your life that you enjoy. a healthy balance, you know? when i get home i do yoga, write and sell my ass on the streets. and i'm a happier person because of it. ::grin::

8:40 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

routine. go away. grrr. i hope to be out of mine too. soon.

11:58 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

keet, i think you might have some issues..

wbb, thank you. i didnt think about the bars ont he windows when i was taking the picture. i got home , downloaded it and was taken aback by the irony of it all.

dia, yesterday i had a "poached medium" are you fuckin kidding me?? i couldnt even imagine how you would make an egg poached medium..

miss bees knees, we all know how you like to sell your ass on the street*wink wink*
im not sure my ass would sell for much thses days..cellulite and all, you know.

keet, im sure CH fullfills all his "friendship" duties with pizazz..

still, what do you do for monotomous work?

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

That was really poetic. I could actually smell coffee brewing.

And if you ever find Fantasyland, give me directions. I'd like to go there, too.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did write something new. Didn't that bridge collapse yet?

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home