Monday, July 18, 2005

once again

for about 5 minutes this week
i was happy
i went swimming with my daughter
blue sky
sun shining
her laughter
her kisses
cool water

then came the clouds
and i remembered
that i am not allowed to be happy

i feel it deep this time
worse than before
in my gut again
but this time
down to my toes as well

the loneliness has taken over
it kills me everyday
to wake up alone
again
and again
having it right there in front of you
slapping you in the face
and laughing

my friends are not alone
they might not all be happy
but they are not alone

this time has been the longest
without a partner in life
3 long years
without love from a man

i took the first couple as a celibet
not even looking
because i was scared
or scarred
from him
then i started to open my heart
and feel again
and i never should have
because it hurts

its not a hurt that everyone would know
unless youve been there
the loneliness
the angst
the torture
of living in your own head
with noone to open up to

the real me is pretty scary
not in a bad way
but in a real way
i dont show it very often
only to my child
because she loves me
and she understands
well, she will someday
i will never be fake for her
i will always let her know how i feel
and when im happy
and when im sad

but noone else will know
not anytime soon
the fake me comes out
in front of that wall
we "counseled" have heard so much about
the fake me
the one with the smile
inside of that smile i am gritting my teeth
wanting to just be left alone
with my thoughts
and my books
to my secret other world

i am trying not to teach my daughter to always see the pain
but to open up and feel the happys too
the little things we take for granted
but i pay attention to those things

looking at the stars
at the crushes house
in the country
he;s lived there all his life
and didnt notice the stars
i point out some constelations
he had no idea they were there
i did
i noticed
i wanted to stay there and look at them all night
and be connected to them
as i do when im lost
the moon is almost full this week
and it is pulling on my heart
i can feel it like its magnetic
this will be a bad week
and its already started

thinking about what i will never have
because the letter came back
"address unknown"
3 times and im done
i cant hurt over him any more
the soulmate i cannot find
will find me if my karmas in check
what if it isnt?
will i be lonely for three more years?
or will it eat me up before i find what im looking for

i lost ten pounds this week
no food
no sleep
no hunger pangs this time
i didnt get tired
i was just here
feeling the cycles of the moon
pulling me back towards the dark side
reality lost
the fake tonis here
i will now smile
and pretend
that i care

12 Comments:

Blogger lightfeather said...

I wish I was there to give you a hug. The seeds of intent have been planted out into the universe. You have sprinkled them with love and they are ready to take root. I feel it!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

I'm really hurting with you lilred. Please get something to eat.

I completely recognise everything you're saying, about being "not allowed to be happy" particularly, as if it's not a right that we have, as though it's actually dangerous for us to be happy because there is such a risk attached.

I can't do anything other than say I hear you, and I so wish you and your daughter well. Hopefully you'll recover from this quickly. (hugs)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

There is nothing I can say to make this better. I want to give you a big e-hug and maybe babysit so you can go out and relax, maybe find that happiness you feel you aren't entitled to!

-LMK

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jaded said...

Until you are willing to take care of yourself, become the strong woman you are meant to be and love that woman, it will be hard to find love from anyone else. You have your daughter, you have yourself...having someone else is not a necessity, but icing on the cake.

I really want you to learn how to be well, whether that means you get to a doctor, therapist, whatever. It may help you discover who you truly are, not the perception you seem to have of yourself... you deserve happiness. Your daughter deserves it, and she deserves to have a happy mom...one who knows that she deserves that happiness. You deserve it. Don't tell yourself otherwise.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

LilRed, it's easy for all of us to say "don't be afraid to be happy." We all want the best for you and we're rooting for you. But you're the one feeling the pain. Take courage, LilRed. Life is full of both risk and reward.

10:44 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

i have not been taking my pills, because i am out. i have no insurance because i lost my job and i am too proud to apply for assistance. i know its lame. i have all the papers sitting right here n front of me, but i cant bring myself to fill them out, to put my what-has-turned-into my worthlessness for the world to see. im not even making sense anymore. i am going to go drop my daughter off at her dads now and go for a walk then go fishing till dawn . usually, that will help . she will get the normalcy from her dad and hopefuly i will be back to normal by tonight.

i am serious about the moon though. i know most people dont beleive in this sort of thing, but i can actually feel it pulling.
it really is as bad as it seems. it jumbles me up inside and i think that noone can really understand it. im irritated and ancy-pants. like i cab=nt get enough done. im trying to do 15 things at once to not feel. to cover up the lonliless.

my ex is on his way to pick up lililred right now . he just called and he knew i was having an episode. he says he can hear it in my voice.

i do wish that i could tell you it will all be ok, but i cant. i dont think i will actually harm myself, but i do feel sorry for the person who pisses me off today, becasue i have been working out alot this week and in my angriest state i can really pack a punch.

k gotta do some french braids on the little ones hair now..(dont worry, i would never hurt my daughter. she is my livesblood and i think she might carry the other half of my soul)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Shit I wish I could send you some pills. I started spiralling a few weeks back, then got some pills. Because I did it early they really have reigned me back in pretty well. Fill in the forms, lilred. All the things you're saying, I was saying them too, and really not that long ago. It's not ok you living the way you are in your head right now. It doesn't have to be like that.

The pills work. Get some. Please get some. Do whatever it takes, get someone to help you with the forms, anything, but get pills and take them. Good luck.

1:38 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

i'm a stress non-eater too.

when i'm upset or depressed, i don't eat. not to be a loser-y activist or anything, but since i've become involved in amnesty int'l and oxfam...even when i'm at the lowest of the low- the thought of people dying because they don't have access to food makes me feel responsible for my own health somewhat.

anyway- it pulls me through so i thought i'd share it with you.

stay healthy babe- how else can you keep fighting the good fight?

1:59 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

the food fight! i dont know why dia, but your comment made me cry. i wish i could ship all my food to people that need it.

jesus, why am i crying??

2:23 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

not the effect i was anticipating.

i thought i meant that you should take care of yourself because you can.

come to my house and i'll make you some tasty italian treats.

then you'll be fat and happy like the rest of us.

3:59 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

funny you say that. i am making lasagna as we speak...and yes its from scratch

5:08 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

if i was there, i would take you out for hot chocolate with whipped cream and strawberries dipped in chocolate.
guaranteed to brighten up even the most horrible days.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home