Saturday, July 23, 2005

goodbye sweet michael

he taught me of stars
the constelations in the sky
the stars that pull at my heart
every time darkness falls

we talked about religion
and death
and hope

hope for a better life
than what we were living

his eyes
cut deep into my tortured soul
he knew what i was thinking
before i did

his smile
made me melt at just the thought
melt into myself
almost faint

the looks
in class
he knew i didnt want to be there
but to be with him
outside breathing the same air

our fingers intertwined
almost as one
adding to each other
like our souls were the same
but seperate

the connection i miss
i will never find it again
not until i am in death
where he is

he comes to me in my sleep
in my dreams i feel him watching
i know he is there
helping me not fall apart

i feel like half
of the whole that we were
its missing
my other half
i want it back
in someone new

many lifetimes we have shared
finding each other again and again
to fall into each others hearts
as friends and as lovers

the first time i saw this new boy
he took my breathe away
for he looks the same as you

his eyes cut me deep
i felt wretched
like i had done something wrong
i had allowed myself to be with another man
becasue you were gone

i tried to stay away
because his smile was the same
the looks he gave chilled me to the bone
they still do

even though i know he's not you
it was all the same feelings

the kiss that we shared
just that one time
made me feel like we were one
between space and time
it was just us

i never thought it would happen again
the same jolt
ripping at me from inside
telling me something i have yet to figure out
it has happened again
from the man
with the eyes of glass

i miss you sweet boy
your talks of angels and demons

you say that the drugs were the reason
for the things we discussed
but i knew better
it was the real you
the angels and demons part
but the drugs
took you away from me
and i will never forgive you for that

i am moving on

goodnight michael
i will always love you

7 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

That reminds me of a song I love by Kate Bush. Here are the lyrics... let me know what you think.

I hear him before I go to sleep
And focus on the day that's been
I realise he's there when I turn the light off
And turn over
Nobody knows about my man
They think he's lost on some horizon
And suddenly I find myself
Listening to a man I've never known before
Telling me about the sea
All his love, 'till eternity

(Chorus)
Ooh, he's here again-
The man with the child in his eyes

He's very understanding
And he's so aware of all my situations
And when I stay up late
He's always waiting
But I feel him hesitate
Oh, I'm so worried about my love
They say "No, no, it won't last forever"
And here I am again my girl
Wondering what on earth I'm doing here
Maybe he doesn't love me
I just took a trip on my love for him

(Chorus)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

This is the kind of thing I was talking about Red. I can't make jokes or crack wise when you're all serious and heartfelt. It wouldn't be right.

10:46 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

jaded, thats exactly right. exactly! i was trying to sleep off my booze last night and i couldnt get this out of my head. i had to get up and write it. i somehow felt releived when i was done. i crawled into bed and i swear i could feel someone crawl in beside me an dhold me until i fell asleep.

nick, i am a tortured soul. you can make fun whenever you want, but i would like to know if you have ever felt anything like this before...(if you dont wanna talk about it, thats fine too)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Your feelings run so deep, LilRed. It's hard to be in a cold, cruel world when your heart is so fiery.

3:12 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

i have to hide my passion so very often that im afraid it will soon be lost.
i have only met one other person that was not afraid to hide his true self and now he is gone
sometimes i feel so alone in the world...

4:09 PM  
Blogger SS said...

Here are your interview questions.

The Interview:

1. Have you ever kissed a girl before? If yes, with tongue? If no, do you want to, or would you ever?
2. Where is the craziest place you've ever had sex? (and by "place" I don't mean like "in the ass", I mean an actual place like an elevator, car, swimming pool, etc.)
3. Have you ever "tossed the salad"?
4. What part of your body do you like the best?
5. Have you ever had sex with more than one person at the same time? If yes, how many people and how many were girls/guys? If not, would you? and if so, would you prefer it with guys, girls or both?

The Rules
1. Leave me a comment saying 'interview me please'
2. I will respond by asking you five questions on your blog (not the same questions you see here)
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions

9:26 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

its called bipolar...i cant control it. but im glad you like it..

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home