Friday, April 22, 2005

a friend

have you ever had a friend that you thought was you best?
i did
we laughed and laughed
but when it came time to cry, he was gone
drinking and dancing is fun, but feelings are scary
i beacame a single mom
i lost most of my friends
but really i dont care
the ones who stuck around
would be with me to the death
i am grateful for them
my daughter is too
i realize alomst all people have the "friends" that they consider "superficial"
but i personally dont need them
the only reason i write this, because it bothers me that two years after we are not friends
i still see them about
dirty looks
immature comments
cant they just live their own lives and leave me alone
i wonder sometimes what it would be like to have no friends at all
devastating, lonely, black and sad
but you know what
if all my friends were like them
i would rather be alone
ok im done just needed to get that off my chest
theres just one problem
i really mis this one friend
i might have been too harsh
he didnt desreve it
i miss him

4 Comments:

Blogger lightfeather said...

Found your blog somehow around the bush via Rosie's, I think?! Love your poetry. Love your life! You ARE red. My friends say I'm orange. I'll be back.

2:48 PM  
Blogger JessieTYCG said...

Hey girlfriend!

Thanks for visiting my site. Hope I provided you with a few laughs. On a side note, I just wanted to say "kudos" to you for the hard work that it must take to be a single mom. I'm a mother of three little ones and on my hectic days when I'm at my wits end, I thank God for the relief that my husband provides and say a little prayer for those of you out there going it alone. Stay strong Sister!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Playground In My Mind said...

{{{{{{{Toni}}}}}}}
I was a single mom. It took years, but I did find my Greg and he was worth the wait. I know that there is a good man who deserves your trust and who will hold you while you cry. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.
Just hold on and keep going. It is worth the trip, I promise.
Renee

5:57 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

if they were your true friend they would have stuck by no matter what. i have a friend who in high school had a child-same thing happened to her. lost most of her friends. i'm so glad i never lost touch with her because we've grown so close and i was able to watch her beautiful daughter grow up right before me eyes. true friends stay when your at your worst and change with you as you change-not abandon you when you need them most.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home