Tuesday, April 19, 2005

my colors

"bypolar"
thats what they call it
"crazy"
another unthoughtful term
just because i cry when the batteries die in the remote and im too lazy to get up and change the channel
doesnt make me crazy
" are you taking your meds" they ask
why?
"you cut all your hair off" they say
so..
you want to be the same.......everyday
feel free
you want to supress and be boring?
go ahead, i like my way
i like the moods, way up, way down
it gives me color
red,black,yellow,blue
it makes me who i am
if you cant take it all in
then
close your eyes
and look at your grey
i dont need you
i have me
and rosie
she is always there
and she understands
when you cry because you forgot to set your tivo
its because your passionate
and colorful
not crazy
i like me
thank you mom
for having it in your genes
i am fun
and red
not boring
and grey


1 Comments:

Blogger Cindel said...

What an amazing poem...If you don't mind I would love to send a link to my best friend...She's full of 'vibrant red' as well... ;)

As for Ro, rock on...

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home